It is pretty simple. Whether you are an individual real estate agent, or you actually have your own agency, you try to do everything in your power to be successful. In the times we are living, promoting yourself is literally everything, meaning that no matter how good you are, if no one hears for you, it does not matter. So you want to invest both time and money in marketing yourself the best way possible.
There has been a debate, for last few years, especially with the rise of social networks, is digital or traditional marketing better? Also, there are more and more companies interested in creating promotive content. For example these super high quality real estate calendars are a cost effective form of “gettin your name out there”. In our opinion that discussion is needless, as both can work equally well, depending on what you are trying to achieve. Having this in mind, there are few things you might want to work out:
- Determine your goals – What are you actually trying to achieve with marketing?
- Determine your budget – How much money are you willing to invest?
- Assess and educate on your target groups – After realizing what personas are you targeting, it might be good to educate yourself about their interests
- Determine the strategy – After you see what your goals, target groups, and their interests are, combine this, and see what might work the best in your case
If you choose to opt for traditional ways, the first thing that you might want to be careful with is the budget, as it is much more expensive than for a digital one. There are few approaches to traditional marketing:
- Try to get your ads on billboards, in newspapers or phone books. See if you can make a deal that allowing you to pay less than regular, as it can be a long-term cooperation.
- Search for an options to advertise via TV or radio, as those avenues are mass media that are widely followed, excluding social networks.
- Hang some flyers, in public places, and hire people that will hand out promotive content
- Organize some campaigns or presentations in halls, or at universities, where a lot of people might come and listen to you
- You should try to send out some gifts (magnets, calendars, pens), few times a year, to your clients, past or current, just to remind them that you are still thinking of them. So the next time they want to buy or sell a property, they will call you.
If you think, that digital marketing might work better for you, there are few tips on that as well:
- Create your website, on which you will post content, listings, and of course some interesting facts about the area, where houses are being sold so you can get closer to your clients
- Be active on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest), by posting pictures and some news, relating the area, your company, or even something connected to the real estate market in general.
- Send letters via emails that you get from your potential clients, about news or promotions
- Use YouTube or Vimeo, for promoting yourself, by creating videos, in which you will express some interesting facts, educate and try to lure in new clients. Try to keep your videos interesting, entertaining or funny, and most importantly short.
There are also some ways that you can use not directly related to either traditional or digital marketing. And those are the ones based on simple communication.
- Try to attend as many public meetings, considering your niche, as possible, as you can meet people for both referrals, and your potential clients
- Keep in contact with your past clients, and try to get referrals from them
You need to have in mind, that although marketing might seem a hard task, and complicated, it is not. Everything you need to do is to constantly think of new ways of attracting clients, based on their interests and your goals.